iHealth Wellness at 4Sight iCare
iHealth Wellness? That’s the name we’ve given our suite of advanced testing during your comprehensive visit that screens for conditions that may be present or that may pose a threat to your vision in the future.
Dr. Burke believes PREVENTION IS THE BEST MEDICINE.
Don’t wait for symptoms of blinding eye disease – simply put the number one initial symptom of blinding eye disease is partial but permanent blindness.
Imagine your eye is a video camera and your brain is a cinematographer: you want:
- the lens to focus the light clearly onto the sensor,
- the image stabilizers to function properly,
- the white balance to highlight color proportionately, the contrast to be set correctly for the lighting, and
- the stage set well with the subject illuminated just right for the camera to produce a good image.
- BUT ABOVE ALL YOU NEED THE SENSOR INSIDE THE CAMERA TO WORK – THAT’S YOUR RETINA!
- The retina is the light-sensitive tissue responsible for sensing, processing, and carrying that image to the brain where it can be interpreted and the image is produced as you see it. So the retina is like the sensor inside the camera.
- Retina imaging using both photography and a scan is a critical component for your doctor to know that your video cameras are in perfect working order.
- Book an appointment today to take advantage of retinal imaging at 4Sight iCare.